Oldjimturbine

Carb repair and unknown bracket

Hello.  I managed to mess up again by accident.  My engine had a bracket connected to the shaft I was unfamiliar with, and by accident, removed the bracket, and carb, they are connected, and it came out easy, but I ended up dropping one needle bearing because I didn't know it was on it.  For the carb, enclosed is a picture, of the diaphragm.  I took the old one out, but it had an extra paper gasket on top which I didn't notice anyone mention.  My engine is type 219.  Does that paper gasket go on top of the new diaphragm?  Also, enclosed is a picture of the bearings.  I have on hand, liquid wrench lubricating oil with cerflon, white lithium grease, and my dad's old can of marvel oil, not sure which decade, but 50's, 60's, or 70's.  Should I use anything, or put it back together and leave as is?

image.jpeg

The "bracket" you removed is the induction section. There's really no need to remove it to get the carb off.

They came from the factory with those paper gaskets over the diaphragm. I have replaced many diaphragms without using that paper gasket but now I had a bunch cut when the guy did the diaphragms.

Have you looked at this thread for rebuilding an engine? it shows most of the parts and has an engine diagram near the end.

I thought it was a bracket for another type of tool, and I took it apart to find out what it was, not to take apart the carb.  It was just another dumb mistake I made.  I saw part of your engine rebuild, but right now I only have the liquid wrench lubricating oil, white lithium grease, and the old marvel oil, and was wondering if I should just leave as is, and reassemble the bracket, or add a little lubricating oil, or white lithium grease.  I will look again at you pictures, maybe I will see what you did there,

The internal parts of the engine get lubrication from the oil that is mixed into the gas. That engine assembly grease helps hold the pieces together during assembly and pre lubricates them for initial starting. You can use a drop of 2 stroke oil to lube parts if it isn't completely taken apart and cleaned.

I used up photo space, can't get a picture of the bracket, but it's shaped like a saucer and s small part of the shaft with what looks like a washer around it, and the center is threaded to screw something in the center with the 5 holes around the bracket got the main support.