Stormin

Bit wild.

High winds and rain today. Went over to youngest daughters this morning. She lives at Silloth on the coast. I decided to return along the marsh road which is something I often do.

As I left the tide was running high, with waves breaking over the prom in places. Reaching the start of the marsh road, I could see the road was covered with choppy water reaching half way up the flood bank.

Decided discrection the better part of valour and turned back.

High winds and rain today. Went over to youngest daughters this morning. She lives at Silloth on the coast. I decided to return along the marsh road which is something I often do.

As I left the tide was running high, with waves breaking over the prom in places. Reaching the start of the marsh road, I could see the road was covered with choppy water reaching half way up the flood bank.

I see the High Tide at 1230 ish  for Silloth was half a metre higher than the earlier one. Was that when you were attempting the drive Norm?. 

You made the right choice in turning back Norm , there are too may accidents that occur during these weather conditions . better to be safe

High tide again today so went to take some photos.

This is the start of the marsh road. Yesterday it was nearly up to the top of the embankment and the water was quite rough.

post-111-0-00428500-1391361365_thumb.jpg

Looking over the marsh.

post-111-0-29634700-1391361414_thumb.jpg

Further down the coast.

post-111-0-09523100-1391361471_thumb.jpg

Let the dogs have a good run here. On return to the Land Rover, I found I'd lost my keys. :jaw:  I spent a good hour back tracking only to find them about 100ft from the landy. Where's the mopping brow smiley?

An 81 year old man has just been recued off that marsh road, after attempting to drive through. He even got out of the car into the sea. The inshore life boat men got him out with the life boat launching tractor and he has been taken away by ambulance.

I wouldn't try it in the 90. The road twist and turns and when covered in water you can't see the edges. Go off the tarmac and your in deep poo poo literally.