Sign in to follow this  
expeatfarmer

Be Wary of Selling on E bay

I recently sold a carburettor for an MG2 on E bay, the float was missing and the item was described as for parts not working, I detailed that the float was missing. 28 days after delivery to the buyer he raised a complaint saying that the carb had parts missing and was broken. Immediately PayPal seized the value of the carb. and put this in suspense. I rang E bay and told them what was going on they checked my ad and could see my description. I mailed the buyer and told him the ad was correcvt and did list as for parts not working, I asked him to tell me what he thought was missing and to send me a picture of what was broken. No reply. Despite my replies to the buyer, e bay messaged me today saying I had not responded, they give you an action page with options like give the buyer his money back and let him keep the goods but nowhere does it give a seller the option to say no. What could happen is that this numpty gets to keep the carb and gets his money back plus the postage. The sum is only £40 odd and if Alex or whoever he is had wanted the carb desperately I would have given it him there was no need to basically steal it by making false claims. E bay is totally biased to the buyer, seller protection is a joke. Beware !

I bid on a milling cutter from overseas. I won the item for, either 1p or 99p I can't remember, The postage was listed around £15.00.

The invoice arrived with the postage at £30 odd. My max bid was for £15.00, so I wasn't too bothered. When I tried to pay, the system wouldn't let me, saying seller had not given any postage details. I requested an invoice from the seller, no reply, still could not pay. I then received notification of an unpaid invoice claim against me. eBay said they could do nothing until the claim time period had expired, then I could dispute the claim. They checked the auction details and said the postage increase infringed eBay rules. When the time period expired I disputed the claim, which was then removed from my account records. All through the claim period I kept trying to pay the invoice reminders the seller kept sending, but the system wouldn't let me. At least I didn't lose any money, they wouldn't take it!

I recently sold a number of items on E bay that made high values, I rang E bay to ask how to sell them safely and they gave me an increased selling limit. I sold the items and then E bay blocked my account wanting me to prove I owned them. I said I had owned them for years and had no receipts but sent my proof of identity details. The items have been delivered ( as it shows on E bay ) last night they sent me a message asking me to send them photos of the items alongside my driving license ! Does that mean I have to go to China to take some photos? In my reply I reminded them that April Fool's day was last week!

Strange people with strange ideas. Briefly I sold an item for cash , man travelled over 200 miles to collect it, brief demonstration and he expressed satisfaction and produced the exact amount in notes. So far so good.

When he got home he emailed to say that I'd overcharged him by £25 as I'd listed it for that much less on a previous listing when it hadn't sold and he wanted a PayPal payment for the difference. Needless to say he didn't get it but then said that his " tablet" had retained the old listing and he'd got confused. No sign of the words " Sorry, my mistake" anywhere.