ranger

7-1252 tiller

Hi gents, & ladies.

I bought a Wheelhorse rotavator at the vintage sale yesterday, minus the idler pulley setup that I think attaches to the mid mount. This shouldn't be too much trouble to fabricate. What I could do with is some dimensions, diameter of pulleys, centre distances between pulleys and pivot etc. This will go on my C121. If anyone has one they could measure, their assistance would be much appreciated.

Doug.:thumbs:

Ive bought one a few weeks ago Doug also missing the bracket and pulley and belt.

ive got some photos and dimensions of the last one i made, I'll see if i can find them later tonight for you.

pity you don't live nearer, we could have a joint build. :D

Thanks Chris.

I've just found loads of info on RS, for these and the rear axle bracket.

I think somewhere I've got some VW cam belt tensioning pulleys which will perhaps do for the flat pulley?

I also bought a Cambridge roll at the sale, full size rings but only about a metre wide.

4 minutes ago, the showman said:

Just had a look at mine, its the same number.

7 1252 / 99388.

its a 1975 36"

Mine's - 7 1252 / 154520 , I did get the / a belt with it.

Made a start on my idler today, found an old axle off a mower deck and a pulley, a couple of bits of tube and a piece of flat bar also from a deck,

ive drilled the 3/4" rod and tapped a 3/8" thread in one end to hold the pulley and drilled a 3/4" hole in the flat bar and welded them together.

the tube will be welded on to hold it central in the attach a matic hitch once i get a belt to align it up.

once i get a belt i can weld the bar for the tension spring and fit the other pulley.

heres some photos 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good job Chris, gives me a couple more ideas.

I started to make a couple of these idlers a few months ago for my tiller and never finished them. Does anyone know where I can buy a big idler?

IMG_4931.thumb.JPG.4b1113dfd36555fa4f9bf7923ef40e85.JPG

IMG_8133.thumb.JPG.8be0429ba11b711288075afcc3fb71cb.JPG

12 hours ago, the showman said:

What size do you want Ewan ?

I have found the small flat idler pulleys on the bay but i'm looking for the 4" v pulley and have been struggling to find anything bigger than 2.50"