Sign in to follow this  
Stormin

OOP'S!

Hitched the rear discharge deck to the C-125 Wednesday, to give the green and verges a trim. To my surprise, I couldn't get the drive belt to tension properly. The mule drive adjuster was reaching it's limit before the belt was tight. It was fine last week. :scratchhead:

As I was in Carlisle yesterday I went to get a new belt. It had to be ordered but came today as promised. Now the standard size is 1/2" x 98", but as the used belt was so slack, I ordered a 1/2" x 97".

So on the new belt went. Only that wouldn't tighten either. :huh: Oh sugar! Something somewhere is not right.

Had a good look around. Lifted the deck. Lowered the deck. Twiddle this. Twiddled that. Had another look at the lift arm. A look at the Tach-o-Matic and.....

Oh you thick b****r!  The bar that holds the front of the deck wasn't located properly. It was lying flat on the deck, instead of being upright and the fork located where it should have been. Drop deck, release the Tac-o-matic, lift bar, lift deck, lock Tach-o-Matic, adjust belt and off we go a mowing. :thumbs:

The times I've had that deck on and off over the years. Practically every time I mow for cleaning afterwards. How I missed the front bar wasn't located properly I don't know. :rolleyes: