sten

Clinton engine

Thought I would have a look at an old Clinton engine I have in the shed, it's a B1290 petrol paraffin but unfortunately missing the carb, after closer inspection I think it is a new old stock engine. On the cowling is a decal with Trojan Works, Purley Way. As the little tractors that Trojan made in the 60's were either red or blue does anyone know what this could have been fitted to as it is yellow.

Just the engine I needed for my Wheel Horse rj58 i've just bought, I know that lots of Clinton engines came from the factory yellow. The one which I have is also yellow. 

1 minute ago, Cub Cadet said:

Just the engine I needed for my Wheel Horse rj58 i've just bought, I know that lots of Clinton engines came from the factory yellow. The one which I have is also yellow. 

Sounds like your engine has found a home then Sten !

As well as the obvious items Trojan used to supply a lot of stuff for the early days of karting in the late 50s including Clinton engines and I think that they were the Clinton distributor for the UK together with Lambretta scooters under the Lambretta Concessionaires banner.