Stormin

Who are you with.

I'm with TalkTalk and as Paul has said ive had problems with them.

its almost impossible to get through to a human being, i spent 8 days with no phone or internet and after their first repair which lasted 2 days i had to go through it all again with them.

the end result is my internet is half as good as it was and i got charged eight pounds on my bill for ringing to tell them about the fault.

i certainly wouldn't recommend them and i will change when i find a good deal

Been with Virgin Media for a long time.  No drastic problems so far but a pain to get through all the button pressing options to finally talk to someone.  Same everywhere I suppose.

Im with bt, they really hacked me off too, so I got them to halve the line rental.

The only good thing about being with bt is if there is a persistant fault then you

can remind them that they own the line so insist that they sort it out.

Prior to this I was with EE, I definatley wouldn't use them again! Kept telling me

the fault was in my house and they wanted to charge me £100 to come out. Bt

eventually tracked the fault down to the exchange but this took them 3 months!

with Sky :D  and they have UK call centres... if you are a sky subscriber broadband and phone calls are free too. Problem for all providers it that BT openreach own the copper wires, so everyone jumps through hoops with line faults. Even BT themselves!!!!

I know no one likes sky, but if you are interested in subscribing I can get half price deals...  

Hello Stormin,

I was with BT for some time and found great difficult in speaking to a human.  In addition whenever (very frequently!) they increased their prices, I too was able to nbegotiate substantial reductions only to be faced with further increases within months.

Prior to Bt I was with Talk Talk and they were HORRENDOUS!

I am now with John Lewis and have found their service (provided by PlusNet) exceptionally good.  Calls are answered quickly by persons who speak good English and understand the issues without passing the buck.  Any call; is immediately followed up with an email to ensure that it has been resolved to your satisfaction. John Lewis prices are competitive and they don't offer the myriad of options which you could get from PlusNet.  They are also reputed to be the last among providers) to increase prices.