Sign in to follow this  
the showman

Bolens Boy gets to drive a red tractor

He took the large trailer remains which he hopes to rebuild one day. Plus a few small goodies.   Nothing of interest to find now ................. Unless !.  Still lots of brambles to dig through.

It was fantastic to see Alan and Chris yesterday at John's, both are great company and it was worth the trip just for a catch-up, everything else was just a bonus. I popped in to see the other Chris (Bolens Chris as Joseph calls him) on the way home and collected a few other goodies.

I am sure Chris and Alan said the tractor was another one of those red Bolens, honest :hide::) I thought I was going to get away with driving the short distance to the van until I turned the corner and was faced with the Paparazzi clicking away with cameras. I stopped at services on the way home and send advanced apologies to the other Bolens boys but it didn't work as I was getting abusive messages most of the way home :)

It was 1am by the time I had unloaded the van and getting the big trailer out on my own was an interesting experience. I am looking forward to restoring the big trailer and it will look good with the Ride-a-matic sitting back on it, however it will not be done for a while.

Thanks for a great day

Iain