Sign in to follow this  
Potash123

Billy Goat aquired ( Barn Find )

Just rescued this from a local farmer who had it in his dry barn. Told me he had stored it for a few years, the engine is the Quantam 5 BHP I/C engine. Bag is really good. Took photos of it covered in years of dust ( which I can't post ). I have restored a couple of  Hayter 21's and an Osprey and made good money. My question is..... Shall I sell as a barn find or clean it up and a lick of paint as a restoration. This engine has a clean-new air filter, clean oil and new B&S plug, it started 3rd pull with new petrol. The engine sounds great. They seem to be commanding silly money and I don't need this machine. Regards and have a nice weekend Potash : )

Your lucky it has the bag. I don't need another Billy Goat, but I do need a bag. I'd clean it up and maybe give it a lick of paint. You may get a bit more for it that way.

Thanks Stormin. This farmer was going to scrap it. Got it for the price of a Friday night out at the pub. Could not believe it when I saw the engine, an I/C. 

Can I ask a favour of you, please. Can you PM me a photo of the bag, on and off the machine? Also dimensions of the bag? I may be able to make one up.

Will sort out measurements tomorrow. Just found a good video on Youtube. Just enter the following into their search engine. " Billy Goat Outdoor Vac KV Pro Series walk behind" You can freeze the footage or enlarge it. May help you a lot, however there are several different size bags on the market. The one on youtube is the same size as mine and can measure the bag if you still need. You will need a massive zip. If you can't access youtube, get one of the grandchildren to show you. Lot of good maintenance tips for any machine on there. Especially Hayter.

Regards Colin