Aiberdonian

Mitsubishi D1450FD

As requested, one or two photos of my Mitsubishi doing what it was bought for - taking fallen trees out of a 10 acre woodland at the back of the house. I initially bought a Ransomes MG 5 for the job but it couldn't cope with exposed tree roots and big stones sticking out of the ground used to knock the tracks off.
It is amazing the size of trees it can deal with, and if it struggles you just cut another bit off the tree.
The tarpaulin is covering one of three piles of logs waiting to be split and fed in to the pot bellied wood burner in the workshop.

Machines June 2017 008.JPG

Machines June 2017 009.JPG

Machines June 2017 010.JPG

Machines June 2017 011.JPG

Brother in law has 10 acres of woodland just at the back of our houses and he gave me the contract (unpaid) to clear some of the trees that have been blown down over the years.
We didn't want to cut down any standing trees so the Mitsubishi is fine and small for snaking around them dragging out the blown ones but about 4 years ago we had a really bad gale with about 25 trees down in one day just up from the houses with many more further up the wood that we just couldn't cope with so it's being professionally cleared and thinned at the moment.
Unless we get some severe winters I should have enough logs for quite a few years already stockpiled, thank god for double ended log splitters, they don't half make an axe obsolete.
Those cleats are 6" long by 2" deep and they do work well in soft ground, they are Bridgestone Farm Service LUG specials and came with the tractor. 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:16 AM, meadowfield said:

Great tractor, how big are those cleats on the tyres! :o

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, Aiberdonian said:

... Those cleats are 6" long by 2" deep and they do work well in soft ground, they are Bridgestone Farm Service LUG specials and came with the tractor. 

Here in the States we call those "Rice tires".  They are usually seen on the Grey Market tractors that come in from Japan.  They are pretty much a requirement for a tractor that is used in the rice paddies.