L8on

Westwood gazelle w11 restoration project

9 posts in this topic

Hello all I am new to the group,i have bought my father in law a ride on mower as he is staring to struggle doing his big garden by hand.I am not made of money so had to get a fixer up and come across a westwood gazelle w11. It was in a sorry state but I have spent the last 4 weeks taking back to bare metal and powdercoating every part , replacing every nut and bolt. My question is I have spent all this time doing the restoration I didn't think to ask the question are these any good at cutting grass?

20170703_183937.jpg

20170703_184035.jpg

20170710_195034.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Forum............... Most impressed with your effort to produce a superb finish on that machine. Others here will know much more about Westwoods than me, so can't offer an opinion on quality of it's mowing performance. I'm sure your Father-in-Law will enjoy using it irrespectively.

They worked well and were simple to maintain. The build quality was a bit questionable in places with the parts book containing several " use as required" references when it came to shims and spacers but yours is probably built to a better standard than when it left the factory - especially the paint work!  Deck rot could be a problem.