Does anyone have parts for this. And does anyone know the carburetor type with the prime button on the side not in the middle like the others I've seen. Thanks

1501758648201882363180.jpg

15017586942161431519928.jpg

1501758854936609385836.jpg

May be worth having a word with Hugo at Rowena Motors, he is the carburettor King!

The main source for Tanaka stuff in the UK  is Farm and Garden Claymore but they hold most of the stock at head office in Dublin

The TAS Motor (Tanaka) does look to have copied some features of the Ohlsson & Rice Compact engine, I'm not sure if your drill has the P5 or P7 engine, there doesn't seem to be much info on these on the web, even Hitachi Power Tools (they acquired Tanaka in 2007) don't have any manuals going back that far on their website. They do claim they "Introduced the world’s smallest industrial general-purpose two-cycle engine- P7 (22cc)" in 1962, the O&R Compact engine dates back to at least 1961 (1.26 Cubic Inches or approx 20.65cc).

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/us/main-navigation/tanaka-history

The history mentions that Villiers (misspelt Villers on their website) had a licensing agreement to manufacture the P7 engine.

Also your drill isn't exactly the same as the other Tanaka drill on here;

David

HELP ! I need parts for my Tanaka TAS P7 motor. I need carb parts (rebuild kit). I would also like parts for the motor if I can find them. Please e-mail at EKILLACKEY@AOL.COM     THANKS