Sign in to follow this  
the showman

Tour of Duty

As a few of you know Alan and i have been clearing a friends collection.

As all the ride-on tractors have gone we've been useing a Wheelhorse B115 to tow a trailer and move stuff about.

Last weekend while at Ringmer i sold the tractor so needed to find something else for Alan to use and this will fit the bill.

It came from Johns collection months ago and was reputed to be one of his favourites, it had a duff gearbox but luckily i found a replacement not far away.

Its got a John type hitch on the front and will help Alan to put the trailer where we need it instead of trying to reverse it and twist his neck.

ive fitted a pair of AGs on the back to aid getting around and cleaned the seat.

Forgot to say its a 1974 Wheelhorse 800 3 speed but as it was made in Belgium its listed as  B80 4 speed. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks good Chris. :thumbs:  Are you sure that's the same seat, looks too clean.  The front hitch's are handy even though I was starting to get the hang of reversing a trailer. :)  A not very flexible neck doesn't help. A few years ago John and I often had a loaded trailer front and rear.  Something different.   A trailer being towed is a trailer.  What is a trailer called while being pushed. :confused:

8 minutes ago, Alan said:

Looks good Chris. :thumbs:  Are you sure that's the same seat, looks too clean.  The front hitch's are handy even though I was starting to get the hang of reversing a trailer. :)  A not very flexible neck doesn't help. A few years ago John and I often had a loaded trailer front and rear.  Something different.   A trailer being towed is a trailer.  What is a trailer called while being pushed. :confused:

Push me, pull you ?

25 minutes ago, Chris said:

How many scrap skips have you filled now then guys :o

Not sure Chris, gotta be about 10

21 minutes ago, nigel said:

I can't believe your scrapping that exhaust pipe

The barrow frame was so rotten it was full of holes and one handle had fell off

3 minutes ago, the showman said:

Not sure Chris, gotta be about 10

The barrow frame was so rotten it was full of holes and one handle had fell off

😀🙁

The better hitch was on the front of the tractor.  Anyway, it's a lot easier reversing while going forward. I think that makes sense. :confused: