nigel

Kubota 7100 1978 project

35 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Good tractors Kubota's. If the engine and gearbox are ok, the rest will be a doddle. :thumbs:

I'll go along with that. Expensive to buy new but due to the quality of the engineering had modest running costs  - unlike many cheaper machines. Is there some history with it such as why was it apparently abandoned to the elements?

2 hours ago, Wristpin said:

I'll go along with that. Expensive to buy new but due to the quality of the engineering had modest running costs  - unlike many cheaper machines. Is there some history with it such as why was it apparently abandoned to the elements?

Will update the story of it soon Angus

Tires look good, by the green algae if it cant be fixed it could be used to show a north heading. There are companies that make aftermarket parts for the old Kubota's and I believe they share some parts with the ISEKI or Satoh tractors, the tough part is cross referencing part numbers, because even if they were the same part from the manufacturer, they were different numbers on each brands parts list. There might be a list of the part vendors for the older Kubota's. These older Kubota's were made in large enough numbers to justify aftermarket vendors. This link is good because while they might not have every part they do show pictures of the part that might help in sourcing one from another manufacturer or vendor.

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/store/compact_model_parts.cgi?SearchArea=Kubota&md=B7100

2 hours ago, nigel said:

Will update the story of it soon Angus

Look forward to it, I'm sure that it will be interesting.

There was a firm in Bedfordshire - Minitrac - who did a lot of grey imports, mainly from France, of Kubotas and Issekis but I see that the company was dissolved in 2014.

Done a bit on this today, now this machine is one family owned from new (1978) it lived on a farm down in Cornwall near the sea, hence the rot,

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

So I started to strip it of panels ready for a wash, Now when I bought it I new it had a leaking water pump a side core plug seep and a leak on the back of the head, which I knew has a core plug there, so I gave it a wash and then found this

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

From memory in 99% sure the same engine is used in the applied 414 pedestrian sweepers (Green machine), which can often be picked up for

no money at ex council sales. May be easier to get a head from one of those?

On 27/09/2017 at 3:58 PM, HeadExam said:

Googling B7100 head produces several results for heads starting at 399.00 going to 539.00 with free US shipping

That would be great if I was your side of the pond :D