expeatfarmer

Ransomes Turf Trak 425

My new Tractor arrived today,a Ransomes (Steiner )  Turf Trak 425 21,5 Hp 3 cylinder Kubota Diesel, 4 x 4 hydrostatic transmission with two speed axles. Very similar to my existing 420 but a bit bigger. Seems to be excellent condition with just enough bits to sort to make it interesting. Number two cylinder running badly ( loose injector pipe joint ) number three cylinder glow plug has a dead short, quite a few stray wires that seem to do nothing but generally very pleased with it. There are a couple of trim panels missing from the front end.

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

7 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Beefy looking machine, this doesn't articulate?

Yes it bends in the middle, front and rear axles are both fixed with a pivot below the steering wheel and two rams.

2 hours ago, meadowfield said:

check your email - I sent you the PDF

Many thanks Mark.

Trying to find an operators manual, contacted Steiner but they dont list one any more. I have looked on download sites but vary wary when they offer free downloads but want your address and credit card details.

Had a couple of days sorting out bits and bobs, tractor was running badly on number two cylinder, turned out the joint connecting the injector pipe to the pump was loose, dead short on number three glow plug so bought a new one. Being an American machine there are more interlocks and safety switches than you can shake a stick at ,over the years most have been disabled and bypassed bit all the old wires were still there so thanks to the wiring diagram Mark sent me I have stripped out all the superfluous wiring. Connected up the head and rear lights. These tractors have two speed hydraulic axles, whilst taking a road run today I found that the rear axle was only running in low, examination of the linkage showed up that it had been repaired incorrectly preventing the shift rod from moving from high to low, I fitted some spacer washers under the linkage mount and all was well. The wheels are mounted to the axles on taper locks and a keyway, by slackening the taper lock the wheels can be slid in or out about 8 inches giving a huge range of wheelbase settings. Clever stuff and very well thought out.

Wher do you hydralicy on it,i have a model ther is bilt White a Extreme hydraliy tank in the front for som ekstra output  . And it look lige the drive system/Stering is on it one , becaure i cant get it to work . The lift front and back works fine

On 10/25/2017 at 7:55 AM, meadowfield said:

check your email - I sent you the PDF

I've been looking for a manual for ages but can't find one anywhere. Any chance I could have a copy?

Hi All, 

New to the site and found it after i cannot locate a manual for the Turftrak 4 anywhere. 

Does someone have a copy. Happy to purchase, just need to get my grass cut.... 

Came with a gang and also sbow plough..... Praying it snows 

Edited by Toomuchgrass