neil

Has anyone used Seafoam for their engine ??

Has anyone know the pros & cons of using seafoam in their carbs & engines ??

I have been told that it is great stuff to use ,so  just wondered if anyone had ant experiences with the solution ? .

I've used it in my Onan 416.  The tractor had been surging so I thought that I would try some Seafoam.  I gently poured some into the carburetor and really didn't notice a difference so I ended up cleaning the carb on it which made it run a lot nicer.  Then put some in the tank and after that tank, it ran like new again.  Not sure if it was the cleaning or the sea foam, but it didn't do anything when pouring into the carb.

I use the sea foam in carbs that need a little help or in ones that had some stale gas from sitting around a few months. It will not replace a good cleaning on a plugged one, but might help keep one from getting worse.

For long term storage or complete non use of an engine, I would say to use Sta-bil or something similar. It keeps the fuel from going south and turning into varnish. It will not however clean anything out of the system.

Another way to keep a clean fuel system is to use a few oz's a gal of lacquer thinner. I use this type thinner to clean carbs with and it will absolutely remove all the junk and gum, even the paint off the outside.