Rayp

C 160 battery clamps

Does anyone have some spare battery clamps - for some reason those on my tractor are missing.  There are several for sale from America, but the postage is exorbitant!

If you mean the type that are a bit smaller that car ones, you can get them over here from places like Halfords and garden machinery dealers. I got some off a stall at one of the shows.

Most people take the battery hold downs off the first time they change the battery (often buying one the wrong size to save money), and discard the parts. This also happens with shields, cover plates and even air cleaners/filters at times. Its the disease of laziness when a person thinks no one will see them not completing the job correctly. 

Think I may have read wrong. You mean clamps to hold the battery? Again you can get a kit, length of angle and two rods from Halfords. Maybe not original but do the job.

Hello Ray, I have to  keep searching for your Tractor Model, as they are not all the same system of Battery layout/restraint. I presume the image below is like your machine?.

5a25a0e017136_77Battery.JPG.8521cbaf5f0ca6cd4b76b0c5470da131.JPG

Easy enough to fabricate to actual spec if you note the spacing and diameter of the holes in the Tray. if the rods and hole dia is a 1/4", I can produce a set if you're desperate.

I would just need to know what your Battery type/height is , if you have now sorted which one you need.       

I've made a few of these, but here in the states I can usually find NOS stock. The tough ones to find are the Bolens tube frame hold downs with the big brackets on each side.

Thank you all for your replies.  Yes I do mean the clamps that hold the battery like the ones shown in the image that Richard posted. My battery tray also has a 'strap' at one end but one of the threaded fixings has disintegrated (on hindsight I should have tried to replace it before painting and reassembly!!!).  I will try Halfords, as suggested, but may take you up on your Kind offer Richard if I have no joy.