the showman

The Showmans new Toy

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, Triumph66 said:

Well I saw Chris earlier today and saw his new toy. It is a very impressive bit and of kit and we both agreed that we were surprised the model never took off. It was great to catch up with him today and I look forward to catching up with him at RPT this August.

Blowing UK grass up a tube has never really worked. Seen all sorts of attempts but most only worked properly when conditions were "just right" and if it's a commercial machine in a commercial application you have to go regardless. Those machines designed and built in the land of cheap gasoline were a bit thirsty for the UK. 

Had a spare afternoon today so I thought I would clean the fuel tank on the Toro which is still in the van.

I was surprised how heavy it was, once removed I filled it with Caustic soda and left it for an hour then tipped a very brown gunge out then washed it out with the hose.

Having a look in the shed I found a gallon of acid concrete cleaner so that was tipped in the tank, after  30 minutes of  it bubbling like a witch's cauldron I tipped it out and flushed it out with the hose, finishing off with a hot air gun to dry it out, end result is a very clean tank, not a 100% but much better than it was.

Fuel tank refitted and fuel pipe and filter replaced.

Ive been having trouble with the cap thats a Kelch twist and lock with the combined gauge, the original had a broken glass which allowed the water into the tank.

I found a supply of the replacement glass in America but the post was three times the cost of the glass, I also found plenty on that auction site but again in America.

Sitting in my kitchen drinking tea and looking round at bottle tops I almost siliconed a jar lid on it and did away with the gauge until I spotted one of Dylans bottles.

the photos say the rest.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg