Terry L

Tiny Tiger CARBERATOR

hi all i have a early tiny tiger generator.The throtel spring on the bottom of the carberator is unhooked from the post. should it be hooked to hold the throtel plate open or closed when the engine is not running? Thanks for any help on this.

Hi David, the governor is in the fan housing and its shaft connects to the slot in the throttel shaft. I currently connected the spring to hold the throttle open but I am not sure if this is correct as it was disconnected when I got the motor. Terry5a7a3c6d18723_springandspringpin.JPG.2cf39dc737d26b8636d3faf9f95f6f6e.JPG5a7a3c6993dc4_govenorinthrottleshaft.JPG.4c248a82016947327474794e0be30f13.JPG

Yes that looks correct, it hooks over the top of the post & keeps the throttle butterfly valve held open. As the engine speed increases the air blown through by the flywheel fan pushes the governor vane up, which in turn rotates the butterfly valve to close it.

Quite difficult to photo, but here is the spring on a slightly earlier carb (has side needle valve).

SAM_19032a.jpg.c694f1c38adfdbcae41469e09406498d.jpg

In your second photo the governor vane is inserted the incorrectly, it needs to be turned 180 degrees around and reinserted as shown in the pictures below.

SAM_7205a.jpg.ed0c35beaf8cec5e5464838d65e734ea.jpg

SAM_7206a.jpg.dc762645c5e5eb087a6cb57f97989a58.jpg

SAM_19451a.jpg.1c08b6c4ab8b152757c8c46b36b24ea6.jpg

Once it's back together check the governor vane & throttle butterfly valve rotates freely.

David

Hi David, sorry it took me so long to reply to your post. I have been really busy. The pictures you attached were very helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions. Thanks for all you do for this website. Best wishes, Terry

Hi Terry,

I have the same problem, there never seems to be enough fun time.

I'm glad I could help with your carb repair, we all try our best on here to keep these compact engines going & help others to do the same, so if there is anything else you need advise about we should be able to help.

Good luck with the rest of your restoration.

David