neil

Somerset under water

I was following all the "weather going's on" on the BBC yesterday.. The amount of water everywhere is just staggering!

I hope your safe their Neil, more rain forecast this week!

it's now starting to affect Londoners (well the west side) I reckon as soon as it reaches the doorstep of number 10 they'll accept there's an issue!!!! :P

hope it starts to recede for you soon, can't be nice sleeping on a night and not knowing if it's going to reach your house overnight...

i here they have called the Dutch boys over to sort this mess out and they are bringing some of there big pumps with them .I have toured Holland a lot over the years on my bikes and trikes and always been impressed of how they keep the water in control with there pumps and dykes ime sure they will sort this out asp and hopefully our goverment learn some thing

We have been calling for action here in South West your years , but the local councils just treat you like you are just being a nuisance & a trouble maker.

I have been campaigning to top houses being built on green field land for the last 3 years & guess what they just granted planning permission to build 450 houses on land that is currently underwater . & to add salt into the wounds the council has just pulled down the local swimming baths & playing field  so that they can build a massive Tescos to compete with the other 8 major supermaket companies that are in this small town .

I could go on about how coucils are selling their towns down the river , if you excuse the pun

You heard right Nigel , i passed 9 Dutch lorries yeaterday with large steel pumping tubes on the back .  they are intending to deliberatley flood other lower lined fields so that it will allow the pumps to collect the water & pump it into the river parrett , only problem is , if it doesnt go right they could actually makes things even worse  as it would then flood the town of Bridgwater  submerging thousands of houses