Anglo Traction

Fichtel & Sachs AG STAMO 202

Got an Engine challenge- German 4 stroke Petrol. Yes, I've got to go Metric to make some parts:wacko:!.

I found the spec for it, searched Ebay.de  for parts/Manuals etc. Established that Stamo versions were prior to ST versions, but not found out if they can be dated by the Engine Serial Nbr-

DSC01753.JPG.7b3f0bed998e428c520a3ac1471182b7.JPG 

Believe it is around 1950s. So if anyone can help or point me in the direction of manuals/info, I would be grateful, as this needs to be a good runner.

stamo stands for stand motor or stationär motor, meaning stationary engine. the stamo's arent too uncomon and parts are available

also i dont think its a 4stroke, think sachs only made twostrokes?

191cc from 74

parts list http://schreiber-zweiradshop.de/Reparaturanleitung--Ersatzteilliste--Ersatzteileliste--Reparaturanweisung--Betriebsanleitung--Druckschriften-/Ersatzteillisten--SACHS--Sachsmotor--Hercules--K50-RL--K50-SL--K50-Sprint--MK1--MK2--SB1--SB2--Sachs-98ccm--Sachs-100ccm--Sachs-98-/Ersatzteilliste-SACHS-Stamo-161--201--202.html

2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Is it a motorcycle engine by any chance, Richard?

Afraid not Norm, I believe it is attached to a form of Mower.

1 hour ago, C-101plowerpower said:

stamo stands for stand motor or stationär motor, meaning stationary engine. the stamo's arent too uncomon and parts are available, also i dont think its a 4stroke, think sachs only made twostrokes? 191cc from 74

Thanks for the clarity/info Koen, probably should have waited 'til I saw it in the flesh. Only have the pic so far.

As you point out that it's a 2 Stroke, then it will simplify the work. Will have to be careful to record the set timing before fiddling with it, and should find the Fuel/Oil ratio somewhere.

I wonder if they will be disappointed with it's age?.

Expecting to see it next week.

Regards.