rolloman 1

The Beast is alive and well

:thumbs::wub::woohoo: Hi all the beast came out today after the engine had some attention and all the missing parts fitted the plough was fitted too just need to sort out the front stand now to complete I am very impressed by this machine having nothing to do with Honda cultivators before I was amazed how good is was and easy to use even with tracks  

honda f600 all complete.jpg

honda the beast from the east.jpg

honda plough.jpg

That looks to me as if it's for trenching, from the shape of the blade? Can't think what else it could be for with those tracks.

Be useful with a grader blade or gravel rake. Can a dozer blade/snow plough be somehow fitted to the front?

That's a really impressive looking machine. I've seen a video on Youtube some time ago of a tracked Honda like this fitted with a front dozer blade.

Does the lever at the rear allow the plough to be rotated from side to side so that you can plough left and right handed?

1 hour ago, mg_rob said:

Does the lever at the rear allow the plough to be rotated from side to side so that you can plough left and right handed?

Looks like it does. On a closer look it locates in notches to allow different positions.

4 hours ago, Stormin said:

That looks to me as if it's for trenching, from the shape of the blade? Can't think what else it could be for with those tracks.

Be useful with a grader blade or gravel rake. Can a dozer blade/snow plough be somehow fitted to the front?

Taking the trenching suggestion a step further , could it have been for tree planting on rough hilly terrain ? The Forestry Commision used much larger versions when establishing acres of coniferous woodland.