Mustang-muppet

Mowett Mustang - help needed

I have recently bought this mowett mustang, it starts first pull, it has been lightly modified to fit the previous owner, non the less I love it, but there’s just one problem... it has no bonnet. I have looked online but with parts being scarce I had no luck! If anyone knows of one for sale or even has one we’re they could note down dimension for me to make one from scratch that would be amazing.

Thanks for your interest,

Elliot 

FDA012E0-51A0-492E-B1BD-C25CBDD7089A.jpeg

Hello Ellliot and welcome to the forum

Just bought a Mustang myself at the weekend having owned a couple a few years back, they are a quirky little machine !

Try forum member nigel for a bonnet, he may have some bits left... :thumbs:

Here's some photos of mine,which will be returned to the correct colours soon!

P4280090.JPG

P4280091.JPG

P4280092.JPG

23 hours ago, Mustang-muppet said:

Thank you, I will try to get in contact with him.

Your machine looks grate with original tread! would love to see it when your finished.

Thanks Elliot 

I'll put some photos on here when its done :thumbs:

There's not much literature on them, but I have managed to gather together a few bits...

P4280100.JPG

Throughout the last 3-4 days I had started to make and assemble a bonnet for my mower. I eyeballed the tamplate from genuine bonnets of the internet and matched it with my mower. After transferring it to metal and learning to weld and paint I’ve finally come to a product I’m happy with. Unfrotantly I haven’t been able to mimic the grills and headlights. However the Next step is the decals. Dose anyone have any recommendation to we’re I should get some? 

Thanks Elliot 

294DE924-5F38-4675-9665-2A35C080F3D7.jpeg

847E95E4-2482-4E9C-8C32-8C7D53A8A8C1.jpeg

EB3030B5-FE50-4C80-A10B-54D38FE47D81.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Mustang-muppet

1 hour ago, Mustang-muppet said:

Thanks, I’ll try and get in touch with Titch.

Just a thought, the false Louvres could be done with a bead roller , and headlight panels 12 ton press

But very nice job you have made their

On 29/05/2018 at 8:03 PM, nigel said:

Just a thought, the false Louvres could be done with a bead roller , and headlight panels 12 ton press

But very nice job you have made their

I had already considered using a press for the headlights likewise for the grills. However I am unaware what a bead roller is, I’ll have a look after this post. Although I am not sure if i would be able to get acces to these pieces of equipment. My school dose have a press and my teacher would/should let me use it. 

Thanks for the ideas, I’m defenatly going to look closer into getting the false Louvres.

Edited by Mustang-muppet

22 hours ago, Mustang-muppet said:

I had already considered using a press for the headlights likewise for the grills. However I am unaware what a bead roller is, I’ll have a look after this post. Although I am not sure if i would be able to get acces to these pieces of equipment. My school dose have a press and my teacher may let me use it! 

Thanks for the ideas, I’m defenatly going to look closer into getting the false Louvres.

What age are you?