paul

petter ava1 diesel

Hi all

I tried to get this going this weekend. Yesterday I blead it all, listened for the squeak of the injector and after about 100 turns of the shaft she went. I had it running for about a hour then put it to bed.

I went to start it today and I cant get it to go, still getting the squeak from the injector and smoke comes from the exhaust but not everytime. The compression is there as it will throw the handle and flywheel back. Any ideas would be great, I don't want to use easy start as I know they can get addicted to it.  Regards. paul     post-109-0-98045200-1391883497.jpg     

Hi, there's not a lot I'm guessing that can be adjusted or moved. If there's fuel and compression, then all that's left is timing or lack of pressure through the injector.

Engines get addicted to ether because there's usually an underlying issue. Ether reduces the pressure and temperature that's usually required for combustion in a diesel.

Have you ever checked that it is set correctly, I.e. Timing of the injector? These old engines have always had someone tinker, and inevitably things can get 'adjusted' making things difficult...

Just another thought... Did you try bleeding it again? It's entirely possible that there's a leak allowing air into the system. My mates international tractor had a habit of doing that for years, until a fibre washer fixed it.