Jump to content
harryt

All the way from the USA - Panzer t70

Recommended Posts

I have wanted one of these tractors ever since I saw a picture of one online, so finally I have one:D

 

I managed to find a person who imported tractors for a living, about a year ago I asked him if he could find me a panzer. A couple of months ago he did and a deal was done, it took five weeks to cross the Atlantic Ocean from the tractor originally being sold in Illinois.

On Saturday me and Dad drove up to shropshire to collect it from his Farm. I must say I am very pleased with it. Here are some pictures.

654E7E95-6412-47BD-A013-C2CCFC97D42B.jpeg.beeab40016275be92450457551d0a32b.jpegE89A3D2D-86F2-4342-84EC-69075593B968.jpeg.e9676530ca1b1205e7995d194572b5e0.jpeg50256CED-2E44-42B4-80EA-9F01E04C1FD5.jpeg.917666937f5bd490cf584cef3c4c7472.jpeg2532CD9C-D7D4-4A88-A257-0A8E23196604.jpeg.fc412c165e9933e27dda6cfd1871b4fa.jpeg

 

As you can see it has had some painted applied in an odd fashion, and I knew the original paint was underneath. So a few hours of light sanding etc  I managed to get the end result with a light coat of oil to make it shine.

ED6CC24E-90E6-4F72-9258-734B4BF8EA26.jpeg.e2b0f713a22248485232845cbf80d60c.jpeg59F7271D-F718-4533-8517-2684F782CC7A.jpeg.345b76cbcfea9eb331645dfd6333f0c6.jpegEF562B51-7C18-4E69-A513-A8757B50574B.jpeg.9f0b27678843cffbc6668395b40070d7.jpeg8ADF802F-1B0B-4E18-A137-06237DA807B2.jpeg.82343d0b438153fe5b6822d587025500.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats very nice Harry :thumbs:

 

Do you subscribe to Lawn and Garden Tractor magazine from the USA ?

 

LAGT has had some Panzer articles in the magazine in recent times, and I'm sure they would be very interested to see that one has made it "across the pond"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, harryt said:

I have wanted one of these tractors ever since I saw a picture of one online, so finally I have one:D

 

I managed to find a person who imported tractors for a living, about a year ago I asked him if he could find me a panzer. A couple of months ago he did and a deal was done, it took five weeks to cross the Atlantic Ocean from the tractor originally being sold in Illinois.

On Saturday me and Dad drove up to shropshire to collect it from his Farm. I must say I am very pleased with it. Here are some pictures.

654E7E95-6412-47BD-A013-C2CCFC97D42B.jpeg.beeab40016275be92450457551d0a32b.jpegE89A3D2D-86F2-4342-84EC-69075593B968.jpeg.e9676530ca1b1205e7995d194572b5e0.jpeg50256CED-2E44-42B4-80EA-9F01E04C1FD5.jpeg.917666937f5bd490cf584cef3c4c7472.jpeg2532CD9C-D7D4-4A88-A257-0A8E23196604.jpeg.fc412c165e9933e27dda6cfd1871b4fa.jpeg

 

As you can see it has had some painted applied in an odd fashion, and I knew the original paint was underneath. So a few hours of light sanding etc  I managed to get the end result with a light coat of oil to make it shine.

ED6CC24E-90E6-4F72-9258-734B4BF8EA26.jpeg.e2b0f713a22248485232845cbf80d60c.jpeg59F7271D-F718-4533-8517-2684F782CC7A.jpeg.345b76cbcfea9eb331645dfd6333f0c6.jpegEF562B51-7C18-4E69-A513-A8757B50574B.jpeg.9f0b27678843cffbc6668395b40070d7.jpeg8ADF802F-1B0B-4E18-A137-06237DA807B2.jpeg.82343d0b438153fe5b6822d587025500.jpeg

 

Can you do me the contact details off the man who imports them, may be useful for me in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pmackellow said:

Thats very nice Harry :thumbs:

 

Do you subscribe to Lawn and Garden Tractor magazine from the USA ?

 

LAGT has had some Panzer articles in the magazine in recent times, and I'm sure they would be very interested to see that one has made it "across the pond"

I will look into subscribing  :thumbs:

 

2 minutes ago, Sammoore13bolens1053 said:

 

Can you do me the contact details off the man who imports them, may be useful for me in the future...

Pm sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that Panzer and the patina is just right. :thumbs: Will you leave it as it is or restore it? Having bought my Bolens 600 from Ohio there is something special about getting a genuine Yank GT from over the Pond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Triumph66 said:

I love that Panzer and the patina is just right. :thumbs: Will you leave it as it is or restore it? Having bought my Bolens 600 from Ohio there is something special about getting a genuine Yank GT from over the Pond. 

Leave it is as I prefer them like that:thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×