Scottwilson

Wheelhorse toolbar/rake

Picked this up today and was told it’s for wheelhorse it looks like a toolbar attachment it has a rake on it at the moment . Anyone have any info or know if it is or isn’t wheelhorse?

16027789-F0C5-4C30-9360-95889EB60DD1.jpeg

22172571-76EC-4FD8-80DF-C9F06C7089EF.jpeg

On 26/06/2018 at 7:39 AM, Stormin said:

Can't say for sure, but could be. The colours right, though the rake part could be off something else. Should fit anyway.

That was my thoughts . It is very similar to the toolbars I’ve seen on two wheeled machines. 

I reckon Alain is right, the WH Cultivator model is an example and is/was in 2 parts, Mid Mounted and Rear Mounted. The rear part is this- DSC00813.JPG.7809190766ee4599db2dfb5271bb0748.JPG 

But it only had 4 Standards and Shovels on the Rear and 3 on the Mid Section and both sections are raised using the Lift Lever.

Should be no reason for your example to perform ok, but may need extending to prevent contact with the rear wheels on the turn.  

Edit- Model # is 7-1723 and requires either a Slot Hitch (pictured) or a Clevis Hitch. Seems each WH attachment was specific to a duty and not a unit with various fittings. Other makers Attachments were offered by WH as options though. 

After you mention the issue with turning it is obvious that whatever machine it did belong to must have had a hitch that extended rearward more than most tractors did

Thank you for the input guys I may have a look at extending the hitch bar as it’s a cool looking little thing to put behind once using the gang mowers .