Sturge

Fuel tap and mag clutch help pleeease, Gutbrod 1032

Hi all, 

Firstly, my fuel tap is leaking quite badly, assuming internal o-rings are gubbed, but it doesn't seem to want to come to bits, anybody know if it will, and if so, how?

Secondly, getting very little drive from the magnetic clutch on the front PTO for the cutting deck. Have taken the pulleys off and there's obvious wear around the outer edge of the engine side plate, and it's noticeably concave, should this be flat??

DSC_1856.JPG

DSC_1850.JPG

Edited by Sturge
Speeling fail

I'll leave the tap question to someone who knows. What make of magnetic clutch has it got or did Gutbrod make their own?  Some electric clutches are self-adjusting while others require setting with feeler gauges to achieve the correct air gap. If it is driving a cutter deck, check the seized or partially seized blade spindle bearings are not overloading the clutch. 

Can't see anything to suggest it's anything other than their own, although the rest of the electrics seem to be bosch. 

My assumption is that all 4 raised rings on the sprung plate on the pulley side should come into contact with the concave plate on the engine side. That looks like it's had some repair work in the past, and doesn't seem keen to shift, so next assumption is that it's been bent with pullers during a previous extraction attempt and needs straightening. I can't see any other obvious means of adjustment other than shimming 

DSC_1857.JPG

If that's the only bit that's meant to contact I'll build it up with weld and face it off, assuming I can get that part off the shaft. But it was getting some drive from that so should be salvageable. Hopefully