HeadExam

Second Vegetable Garden Went in Today

The first garden is starting to play out, so I did some dirt work and added some organic mulch and compost to the top. Planted 4 rows of beans, 2 rows of okra, 2 rows of onions, Walla Walla and Texas Sweets, Transplanted 6 tomato plants that came up in various parts of the garden as volunteers from last years heirloom tomatoes as well as 2 volunteer watermelon plants. I bought 3 sweet pepper plants and 4 more strawberry plants for the south east side off the house. I also planted 12 more pepper plants , 12 tomato pants, 12 cantaloupe, 12 squash, 12 zucchini all from seed in starter pods. Also put in Dill, Parsley, Thyme, Cilantro, Chives and Mustard herbs. I ordered 10 pounds of Red La Sorda seed potatoes tonight, hoping to have them in in a week or ten days. We still have 40 pounds of Red and gold potatoes from summers garden, I think the fall potato crop will get us through most of the winter
We have a ton of stuff in the freezer and root cellar, but that will play out before fall, I hoping to be able to grow all winter long and eat what I can grow, catch or shoot this year. The benefits of not having or wanting a job or boss.

20180722_193533.jpg

20180722_193542.jpg

20180722_193558.jpg

20180722_193705.jpg

Very organised Alain; I am having a wooden lean to glasshouse installed so I can grow tomatoes and peppers next year. I am growing some runner beans and so far we have had 5 servings for dinner. Can't beat fresh vegetables.

1 hour ago, Triumph66 said:

Very organised Alain; I am having a wooden lean to glasshouse installed so I can grow tomatoes and peppers next year. I am growing some runner beans and so far we have had 5 servings for dinner. Can't beat fresh vegetables.

There is NOTHING more important to your health than real fresh fruits and vegetables. I'm putting in six fruit trees this fall and my sun room will get a lean too as well to double the size of winter growing. The store bought fruits and vegetables are almost devoid of real nutrients