Stormin

Busy tractor day.

Had plenty of seat time today. As it was a good forecast for the day, I thought I'd better do some catch up round the garden, green and verges. Front hedges and bushes needed trimming, so that was the first job. After a run out for fresh petrol supply.

Next came the lawn and verge outside the house. When I'd returned from my week down south, the grass had shot up. Even though it was wet, on Tuesday, I cut the green and verges on a slightly higher setting than normal. The cut grass was left lying. Today I thought I'd better do something about it as it looked untidy.

I wasn't sure if the sweeper would pick it up as it was, so using the Black Horse and a scarifier/rake thingy the Showman gave me a couple of years back, I roughed up the lying grass. Swapped the rake for the sweeper and got the grass cleaned up.

Then it was the turn of the C-125 and cutter deck. Green and verges mowed, albeit slowly, as the grass was still quite wet. While doing the green, the deck  decided to lose a wheel. This necessitated a workshop visit and both wheels were changed for those off the dead side discharge. Though a slightly larger diameter, with the rear of the deck dropped a notch, mowing commenced with no further mishaps.

All this took around 5ltrs of petrol and nine hours, including removing and cleaning the deck and tractor. Which I always do after use. Still got the green and verges to sweep, but they will be done Monday or Tuesday. Rain forecast for all day tomorrow. Well it is a Bank Holiday weekend. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Had plenty of seat time today. As it was a good forecast for the day, I thought I'd better do some catch up round the garden, green and verges. Front hedges and bushes needed trimming, so that was the first job. After a run out for fresh petrol supply.

Next came the lawn and verge outside the house. When I'd returned from my week down south, the grass had shot up. Even though it was wet, on Tuesday, I cut the green and verges on a slightly higher setting than normal. The cut grass was left lying. Today I thought I'd better do something about it as it looked untidy.

I wasn't sure if the sweeper would pick it up as it was, so using the Black Horse and a scarifier/rake thingy the Showman gave me a couple of years back, I roughed up the lying grass. Swapped the rake for the sweeper and got the grass cleaned up.

Then it was the turn of the C-125 and cutter deck. Green and verges mowed, albeit slowly, as the grass was still quite wet. While doing the green, the deck  decided to lose a wheel. This necessitated a workshop visit and both wheels were changed for those off the dead side discharge. Though a slightly larger diameter, with the rear of the deck dropped a notch, mowing commenced with no further mishaps.

All this took around 5ltrs of petrol and nine hours, including removing and cleaning the deck and tractor. Which I always do after use. Still got the green and verges to sweep, but they will be done Monday or Tuesday. Rain forecast for all day tomorrow. Well it is a Bank Holiday weekend. :rolleyes:

Without photos it didn't happen . :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Stormin said:

I've been expecting that. I'd no time for photo's. :P

I know what you mean, when you have a lot to do in a limited amount of time photos are't in the picture so to say. I'm mowing 3 acres and trimming 800 yards of fence line; that leaves little time for photos. I'll ask the neighbors if they have any picture of me mowing, they wait until their grass is nearly knee high, they aren't busy doing anything.

21 hours ago, the showman said:

Without photos it didn't happen . :rolleyes:

The exception to the rule. I had to unblock our drains yesterday. I didn't take any pictures but unfortunately it did happen :wacko::)