Stormin

Tyre change.

When mowing the green and verges, the grass is seldom dry. If I waited for it to be fully dry, it would never get done. Consequently the grass cuttings stick to the turf tyres on the C-125. When they come off during mowing they lie in unsightly lumps or strips. Also the pattern of the turf tyres makes them a pain to clean.

I've decided to try an experiment. I'd the original rear wheels, complete with ag tyres off the Black Horse in storage. So these are now fitted to the C-125. We'll see how things go next time I mow, in maybe a week or so.

Another thing I've tried, is to repair a tyre valve on one of the wheels. The valve must have got knocked when in storage and the rubber was partly broken. Push the valve to one side and air came out. This was repaired with super glue yesterday. To date it is holding air again. We'll see how long it lasts.

Norm, I would be very interested in seeing how this experiment works as turf tyres are the de rigour for mowing.duties. The ag tyres will leave tread marks on the grass in my experience. Anyway be interested to see how you fare. Photos or no photos...;)

If I was mowing a nice flat lawn, Andrew, I wouldn't use ag's myself. But the green and verges are a little on the uneven side. I went round the green with the scarifier the other day, using the Black Horse fitted with ag's and wheel weights. Marking was minimal.