Sign in to follow this  
the showman

Vintage Tractor Club Working Weekend

Just spent the weekend at a working weekend organised by my local vintage tractor club for members only.

Its mostly big tractors but they always welcome me with the Wheelhorse's and give me plenty of room to play.

Friday I arrived and set up the caravan in a good flat spot, Saturday I was up early and fitted my trusty auto-culto plough and went to the working field, after a few runs it was time for a cuppa and lunch.

Most of the afternoon was spent using a plough I've never used before but I was very pleased with it just needs a few mods.

Saturday evening was spent at the BBQ which was great with plenty of food and puddings, lots of banter and very enjoyable.

Sunday was a chill out day with bacon rolls for breakfast cooked on the barby and plenty of tea and more chatting, finally got to the field with the tiller before they started cooking sausages for lunch.

In all a very enjoyable weekend with loads of playing and seat time amongst some nice people.

Heres a couple of photos I managed to take.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Second plough a Brinly? Looks a bit like one. How do they compare?

Not sure, it was one I found at Johns and has no markings,

It went straight in the ground but I need to change the hitch to make it more adjustable 

31 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Are you using the toolbar I made you?

The hitch on the Unknown plough I made to fit a clevis hitch I made on the back of the Bolens 600 but it wouldn't pull it when I tried it at Johns and hav'nt tried it since 

1 hour ago, the showman said:

Not sure, it was one I found at Johns and has no markings,

It went straight in the ground but I need to change the hitch to make it more adjustable 

The Brinley from John's had a Brinley sticker on it Chris.  It was the one you found under the Morris Minor bonnet at the back corner of the workshop shed.   Photo's of it on here somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Alan said:

The Brinley from John's had a Brinley sticker on it Chris.  It was the one you found under the Morris Minor bonnet at the back corner of the workshop shed.   Photo's of it on here somewhere.

It's not that one Alan. I think this one was under the lean to