Wallfish

A.D.D. working in the shed

I have been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder by an unlicensed EXPERT, my wife. She complains that I don't focus on what needs to be done and work on many things at the same time which results in things not getting completed fast enough.

I agree, I work on many different projects all at the same time. I'm easily distracted from focusing on one thing at a time and will begin other projects if I happen to get an idea about it while working on a completely different thing. Hence, I have many 3/4 done projects around. Organization has never been my strong suit and there are parts and tools everywhere but I do seem to know where everything is.  

I'm beginning to think she might be right.

Could she be right? Or, do you guys also do this? Or, do we all have A.D.D.? Or, am I just a horrible multi-tasker?

We've all got some form of it John............  I'm also like Darren with his OCD.

But I really suffer from many deficiencies that have these weird Acronyms like-      S.A.D.,   O.L.D.,   G.I.T.

'Unfinished' means ongoing !. 

'Finished' means it needs to be improved upon, therefore still unfinished.

..................................................................Schubert does not have the Sole right to attribute the word 'Unfinished' to his work !. :thumbs:  

Im with you on that one John , i also have lots of projectson the go  that are 3/4  done , tools everywhere  i drive myself mad with it .

Unfortunatley i am in a job that requires me  to get jobs finished ,otherwise i dont get paid .

I installed a new kitchen for my wife last year & she is driving me mad to get it finished  .

A.D.D. is almost the same as A.D.H.D.? as my workshop is a mess like you said, a lot of ongoing unfinished projects. tools everywhere and knowing where everything is as long as no one has toughed it.

i've been diagnosed by a professional to have adhd and can relate to your story, so maybe she's right :hide:

Koen

A.D.D= attention deficit disorder

A.D.H.D= attention deficit hyper disorder

My son has both. Not really too bad a thing if diagnosed and handled properly. Basically overwhelmed by sensory input or the same with lot's of energy. Can't focus on a given task for long due to being distracted by other things. But attention to detail is amazing.