steve d

the Vivian loyd motor sickle

Hello Steve,

I have just joined the register,and scrolled to your page of 2014,showing the Vivian Loyd motor sickle,

I have bought one in about the same condition of the photo,identical in every detail ,except it is called a "Four Seasons " Scrub Cutter, by " TETTS " of Faversham,Sittingborn,and Sandwich,

Yours is probably all restored by now, and I wonder if I could ask you for some tech help and general information,for restoring mine, ?

Regards,

Pist/on Rust,

Hello Steve,

I have just joined the register,and scrolled to your page of 2014,showing the Vivian Loyd motor sickle,

I have bought one in about the same condition of the photo,identical in every detail ,except it is called a "Four Seasons " Scrub Cutter, by " TETTS " of Faversham,Sittingborn,and Sandwich,

Yours is probably all restored by now, and I wonder if I could ask you for some tech help and general information,for restoring mine, ?

Regards,

Pist/on Rust,

Tetts were a firm of agricultural engineers in Faversham - disappeared in the 80s. May be "Supplied by Tetts" or did they re-badge the machine as Four Seasons. Either way a pretty lethal looking bit of kit. One was up for offer on that auction site a month or so back.