That is very interesting about the history of Westwood and Dynamark, Wristpin. I always wondered why they looked so similar. :)

Thanks Ranger! The diesel ones seem very interesting, but I've never driven or even seen one in person, sounds like they don't use much fuel!

I did a little tidying up on the Westwood today, cleaned most of the engine and painted a few bits including some high-temp paint on the exhaust :) When I get a chance I have a nice new switch for the lights, which I'll wire up.

post-164-0-60555400-1426602755_thumb.jpg

And I need a new seat, but I'm holding out for a seat exactly the same as the current one and they seem quite rare in good condition :lol:

Had a day off work so I got some tidying done in the garage, there's still a way to go but slowly but surely getting there :)

post-164-0-27765600-1427467882_thumb.jpg

1975 Wheelhorse C-100

post-164-0-57301100-1427468248_thumb.jpg

1984 Westwood Gazelle

post-164-0-47313900-1427468061_thumb.jpg

Dad's Mountfield

post-164-0-01665100-1427468073_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-99189500-1427468085_thumb.jpg

I'd love to restore this 1963 Moulton Deluxue some day, I've had it since I was about 10 :lol:

post-164-0-80696200-1427468099_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-45421000-1427468112_thumb.jpg

Edited by WestwoodGazelle

Tidy looking workshop there and I notice you have created space for your next garden tractor.......

I would certainly love to expand the collection, especially with an original condition Westwood Lawnbug... :)

Edited by WestwoodGazelle

I would certainly love to expand the collection, especially with an original condition Westwood Lawnbug... :)

I think someone on this forum got a Westwood Lawnbug. I think it is somewhere in the South East.

Type in Lawnbug in search top right box on the forum and it should pop up.

I think someone on this forum got a Westwood Lawnbug. I think it is somewhere in the South East.

Type in Lawnbug in search top right box on the forum and it should pop up.

You're right, he's got a really nice one. Can't be too many left in that condition now, I'm pleased someone on this forum owns one :)

On 23/08/2017 at 9:33 PM, WestwoodGazelle said:
On 27/03/2015 at 6:47 PM, WestwoodGazelle said:

Yeah same here, I used to have a Lawnbug about 3 years ago until I gave it away!!! Unfortunately back then I wasnt clued up with Westwood mowers. It had white rims original Westwood orange paint and weirdly enough the engine was painted white! I tried to get it running thinking it was a fuel problem but I think again it was the points and condenser. I gave it to a young lad who says he's going to do it up. But that's what they all say. If I could I would get that Lawnbug back but it would probably be near on impossible and to add to the chaos at the minute I'm looking for a really early Westwood W8/W11 Gazelle, that has all the early early features. My 78 has a few but has not got the straight foot rests or the gearstick in the middle and many more features like that. 

Edited by WestwoodW8Gazelle

On 28/08/2017 at 9:38 AM, WestwoodW8Gazelle said:

Yeah, finding an original Lawnbug is very hard these days. I think the original engines were Tecumsehs and some of them would have been white. One day I will get one though! :lol: 

Well good luck with the search for a very early Westwood Gazelle, they are certainly out there, I see them come up on auction sites once in a while. I even saw a super rare 10 horsepower one once, I will have to see if I saved a picture of it on my old computer...

Also if you haven't seen it already, this restoration of a Westwood Lawnbug is pretty interesting if you get a chance to watch it:

On 30/08/2017 at 0:13 AM, WestwoodGazelle said:

Yeah, finding an original Lawnbug is very hard these days. I think the original engines were Tecumsehs and some of them would have been white. One day I will get one though! :lol: 

Well good luck with the search for a very early Westwood Gazelle, they are certainly out there, I see them come up on auction sites once in a while. I even saw a super rare 10 horsepower one once, I will have to see if I saved a picture of it on my old computer...

Also if you haven't seen it already, this restoration of a Westwood Lawnbug is pretty interesting if you get a chance to watch it:

Yeah, I have watched his videos. They are very well done. I wish he had a go on a really early Westwood. That would be interesting. Even though he had done a good job on the Westwood Bug, the only thing I would change would be I would keep the original Tecumseh engine in it.

On 2/20/2014 at 7:14 AM, WestwoodGazelle said:

Hi all :) I just thought I'd post some pictures of my Westwood Gazelle W11, which I bought in 2010 and fully restored (apart from the seat and some little bits). I would like to at some point to replace some of the steering joints, paint the engine and maybe give her an under-body exhaust that exits at the back like I hear the originals had.

Here it is when I bought it, it was a Gazelle but with Laser parts and was badly rusted:

20130709_231445_s.jpg

And here she is after I restored her:

20130707_174529_GZ3.jpg

20130712_000841_a.jpg
20130707_181301_GZ5.jpg

I no this was years ago but I have 2 gazelles and currently restoring them. What colour did you use for the bonnet? And is the chassis just black. ?.

Can't help you with the paint colours, but :WMOM:

There are two or three Westwood owners on here. Put Westwood Gazelle in the search and see what comes up. I think the paint colours were mentioned in a topic somewhere.

Just now, Stormin said:

Can't help you with the paint colours, but :WMOM:

There are two or three Westwood owners on here. Put Westwood Gazelle in the search and see what comes up. I think the paint colours were mentioned in a topic somewhere.

Brilliant thankyou 

12 hours ago, Yorkshiresfinest said:

I no this was years ago but I have 2 gazelles and currently restoring them. What colour did you use for the bonnet? And is the chassis just black. ?.

Hi, I'm currently restoring another Gazelle (not pictured on profile) and i've looked on the MK2 and the bonnet colour is more red than Westwood orange. I was told on the forum Rover red would be a good option as it's very similar. For the body I'm still trying to find some paint although I think dark grey is right rather than black. 

Pictured is the Mk2

Hope this helps!

20191117_150603.jpg

Just now, WestwoodW8Gazelle said:

Hi, I'm currently restoring another Gazelle (not pictured on profile) and i've looked on the MK2 and the bonnet colour is more red than Westwood orange. I was told on the forum Rover red would be a good option as it's very similar. For the body I'm still trying to find some paint although I think dark grey is right rather than black. 

Pictured is the Mk2

Hope this helps!

20191117_150603.jpg

I'm still trying to find out what model mine is. There is nothing on it apart from gazelle. 

My other one is a gazelle w8 with the rear exhaust. 

I did some googling last night and I read the Westwood orange is RAL2002 and the chassis colour is RAL7021. I'm not sure how true this is but having googled the paint codes they look similar. 

Hi, would you be able to post some pictures of the W8 :D I think the earlier Westwood models are more of a red colour and the later are orange. I've got an old Westwood brochure that I can post later 

looking good - currently got two Westwoods  - T1600 and W11. Trying to pull more of the history of the early models together on them if anyone know more. Looks like early models are 1980'ish with gear change in the usual place and steel grills?

Anyone got any old brochures on the early models?

6 hours ago, meadowfield said:

looking good - currently got two Westwoods  - T1600 and W11. Trying to pull more of the history of the early models together on them if anyone know more. Looks like early models are 1980'ish with gear change in the usual place and steel grills?

Anyone got any old brochures on the early models?

Hi, here's a sales brochure for the Mk2 Gazelle although if you look closely, the wider pictures are of Mk1 Westwood's as they have the flat footrests. 

IMG_20200505_181228.jpg

IMG_20200505_181343.jpg

Would like to see some pictures of your W11 :D 

IMG_20200505_181505.jpg

IMG_20200505_181441.jpg

IMG_20200505_181412.jpg

fab stuff, 

so can we say mk1 had flat footrests and central gear select before moving to column change and sloping footrests?

I note the main dash decal stayed the same for quite a while, but the ignition, lights and warning decals changed a few times?

Yeah exactly that. The Mk1 Westwood mowers had the flat footrests, central gear stick, ammeter dial next to the steering wheel (not where ignition is), chain and gear steering, diagonal underslung exhaust engine fixture (not straight down from engine) some had the earlier thicker ribbed tyres, and all had the bolder pointier Westwood brand sticker on the bonnet (was used in some early Mk2 Gazelles). Hope this helps.

There was a rare Mk1 non-electric W6 on EBay which is probably the rarest and that went for £150! It had been painted up, non-runner and modified but being a 6hp and pull start Mk1 was rare