meadowfield

Raider 16 4x4 articulated -aka project bendy

You could always reverse the cylinder so it pushes forward with a link to 'pull' the lift arm lug instead of a direct connection with the cylinder. That way you  would have a larger surface of piston for the oil to act upon,with no losses from the rod to worry about.

ps, found you 4 fittings 10l -3/8 bspp ;) ;)

that was the original plan Doug, but there's just not enough room - I did the calculations. At 700psi (powersteering pump) it will lift 0.17 tons, and push down 0.24 tons.. With a decent geared pump (3000 psi) it will lift 0.74 tons and push down just over a ton.

I think 700 psi is a good start point, that would lift me at the end of the lift arms :D

I've got 4 10l -3/8 bspp fittings already, but they are the same at both end :D  have you got some with metric thread on the other end?

used some more of those brackets today to make part of the front three point hitch, plus turned some 19mm bushes down.

IMG_20141227_164154_zpszqxti3ty.jpg

cheers

If you've got 10L-3/8 bspp fittings they should be 3/8" bsp parallel thread one end & metric the other, bsp fittings have a conical seat whilst metric is more rounded

She's looking good !! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Had a trips to Marks you today for a Natter and a swap if mower decks (Cheers Ian by the way )and I had the privilege of driving bendy in one word wow what a machine I only drove it around the drive but everything feels right the steering is awesome and the driving position is spot on its a work of art whilst I was there I didn't manage to take any photos but I'm sure Mark and Sam did well done mate cheers

James

Good to see you....

post-100-0-08086500-1419959036_thumb.jpg

I've got a video, just need time to upload it (in between welding and being stopped by the dibble)

:)

And good to see you and Sam too, thanks for the deck!

no problem mate glad to come over and see you all enjoyed our visit !

Looks nice Mark, obviously not using the plastic dash

The plastic panel is in good nick, but I don't want the lighter socket and I want the electric clutch to say spots!

So rather than try butcher a nice panel, I thought I'll add a sticker, will also match the lower dash panel.

Very nice Mark :thumbs:

Cheers