meadowfield

Raider 16 4x4 articulated -aka project bendy

Today's update...

Beside the new headlight unit, I have braved the cold to just about finish the wiring. Which whilst it's my strongpoint, I get zero enjoyment from!

Wired the lower dash panel and used a PC style connector so it's removable.

IMG_20150131_154136_zpsxmj2hkiq.jpg

Tested it.... It works!

IMG_20150131_155211_zpsc6jsfudn.jpg

Plus I now have switch on and off able lights :D

IMG_20150131_170742_zps6epyrcxy.jpg

Today's update...

Beside the new headlight unit, I have braved the cold to just about finish the wiring. Which whilst it's my strongpoint, I get zero enjoyment from!

Wired the lower dash panel and used a PC style connector so it's removable.

IMG_20150131_154136_zpsxmj2hkiq.jpg

Tested it.... It works!

IMG_20150131_155211_zpsc6jsfudn.jpg

Plus I now have switch on and off able lights :D

IMG_20150131_170742_zps6epyrcxy.jpg

Very nice work, it looks first class. :thumbs:   You work bench looks alot like mine (overloaded), even to the point the your Horses seat is serving temporary work bench duty. :poke:   :lol:

Matt :USA:

I could get the bits here, but £70 for just the piston and rings, another £40 for the full gasket, oils seals and con rod seemed like a better deal. Our lad has had two k241 rebuild kits from the same chap so should be good to go

Are you planning to bore the cylinder or stick with standard? I would be very interested to understand what you decided to to do any the reasons (I have a couple of Kohler's waiting for the same work).

Thanks

Iain

the bore isn't scored nor is there any massive wear marks - so it will stay standard. However the piston has quite a bit of sideways movement and the oil ring is non-existent! 

Given it's been split at some point and the gaskets are junk, I just want to stop it burning oil and dribbling, spitting out of every orifice. A 550cc displacement causes a lot of crank pressure and pushes oil out of places you'd never imagine. I once took the dipstick out when it was running and :o

It's not going to be a massive worker, more of a show piece - but it certainly will be put through it's paces and I will test the whole 16hp :D