Wow, that looks fantastic Richard! I love the way you take the time to polish the aluminum up.   I'm curious as to what was wrong with the generator, as it really looks quite good inside, and with the crosshatch still showing in the engine, it can't have much time on it. Matt

Thanks Mark and Matt,

These not-so-new light - med duty B & S engines are growing on me. I'm shining up the Ali Crank Case to avoid having to paint those parts. Not a great deal of effort or super polished finish, rather a service wipe clean, blow the dust off type of finish. I Iike the result though -

post-94-0-76018200-1398881754_thumb.jpg

The generator part stopped producing juice while in use for some reason over 30 years ago (according to daughter of the original owner). I'm still hoping to find the fault (not me) and see if it can be repaired, hence the shaft being still attached to the Engine.

The plastic centrifuge cooling fan is a gonner, as it fell apart when I got the cover off, so need sort that somehow :dunno: .

Collecting parts to finish the engine tomorrow, shroud is going in the E- Bucket tonight :) .

Good god richard you'll need sunglasses or even an welding mask to look at that engine! Job well done for shure  Koen.

Yeah , it is a bit on the bright side Koen......... even brighter now ! :)  Engine finished, except for finish cleaning up the Muffler-

(click images to enlarge if req'd) 

post-94-0-18991600-1400088600_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-54448800-1400088609_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-39123100-1400088641_thumb.jpg

Rewind Starter spring end needed repairing and works perfect now. 

Had the wiring out of the connection box on the Generator today to look for anything obvious. Found some corrosion, but nothing significant, so going to check all the cables out. I'm going to put this all back as a Generator and see if I have any luck.

Found a replacement cooling fan which should do the job properly, but has to come from china !!!, also need 2 anti-vibe mounts, as found a few cracks in them.

The Cradle will get a quick clean and paint, may put some transport/lock wheels on too. 

Thanks Ian & Mark. Hope it's worth it and does what it's supposed to do when it's all back together.

Engine back in the cleaned up Frame with new Anti Vibe mounts and nice shiny Red Generator mated up again.

Wiring has been checked and all connections were very good, but cleaned anyway, as is the 10metres of heavy duty cabling and 3 pin Dura Plug (Made in England).

Preserved the Decal and markings with lacquer. Just the cooling fan to arrive and finish off now-

post-94-0-45027000-1401824264_thumb.jpg

Should be done in a few weeks.  

Thanks Gents, Fan arrived, didn't come from China in the end. Went  :wavegreatbritain: and ordered it from here at 5 times the cost, but got it quicker and more solidly made. Made in Canada so still in the Commonwealth.

Has an insert Bushing that can be bored to size. Came with a 17mm hole, so I had to bore it out to 24mm-

post-94-0-55735600-1402558496_thumb.jpg

These fans are made to fit a certain motor Frame size, so easy to order what you need. Fits perfik-

post-94-0-45205800-1402558506_thumb.jpg

The original German standard Schuko (CEE7/4) style double Socket fitted on this has never been used.

Only the long extension which has UK 3pin socket on the end was used.

IP Rating seals are all very good and so very clean inside- 

post-94-0-97909700-1402559609_thumb.jpg

So I decided it will stay original, as there are lots of Fly lead adaptors available that link to Camping connectors etc and would be handy for people who travel to mainland Europe for Hols etc.

Will fire it up to see if it all works when I collect and check the rest of the extension cable next week.