Tom

Barford atom mechanical gardener

Hi all,

Picked up this little beauty today, it's pretty much untouched and all original, the guy hadn't used it in ages and wanted to get rid of it so I bought it. Brought her home and after a little help with some petrol down the plug she fired away first pull. The drive works as does the scythe. She just needs a good steam cleaning, air filter assembly, new throttle cable and a new cork on the fuel tap, but other than that shes in great orignal condition. For now I'm just going to keep her in her working clothes I think.

1-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

The scythe takes about 30 seconds to remove or install, it's very simple!!

Tom

A great find Tom, yep keep her in her original clothes, they suit her :thumbs:

You however now got me wonder how easy it would be to fit one of the "scythe attachments" to one of my Wheel Horse  :D

You however now got me wonder how easy it would be to fit one of the "scythe attachments" to one of my Wheel Horse  :D

I've been thinking along those lines mesel' for a while. I know of a defunct Allen Scythe.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your positive comments! I'm sure it do-able, especially with your fabbing skills! It probably wouldn't be best to use one of these sort of scythes as the "PTO" is specific to this machine however there are scythes that use belt-drive, I think wolesely is one. It would definitely be a great project!

Tom