Lauber1

1st spring plowing

As a tradition here, on the 1st day of spring, I usually try to plow. I fired up one of my DB tractors and went out and did 5 round. I think it went pretty well. Didn't have time to do more today, but theres always the weekend, and I have several other walkers to test plow with. Enjoy the pic's.

post-115-0-34718400-1395357754_thumb.jpgpost-115-0-57619400-1395357851_thumb.jpgpost-115-0-34938100-1395357929_thumb.jpg

I have never done any ploughingbefore  but it look to be enjoyable and also theropeautic , How big are the fields that you have to plough ?

ime hoping to put a plough behind my holder this year but as ive never ploughed before i think i had better find a field on my own before i go to a match :D

I've only plowed the once many many years ago at a 2 day tractor driving course at Hadlow Collage... So long ago I can't really remember it!!

I must have another go soon, you've encouraged me :D

Wow, I would have thought it a required British thing to be able to plow. You guys always kick butt in the world matches. I have a little over a 1/3 acre here at the house, that is the test ground and garden. If I want to plow a bigger field I have to drive 12mls down to the farm, where I can do any part of the 500 acres at that site. I usually goes there and plow up an acre, with the walkers. You haven't lived until you have plow a straight 1/2 ml forrow, and then have to turn around and come back.  The ground down there is a heavier clay that mine, so I works you a lot more. I can plow here until about July, then the dirt turns more into concrete, than plowable stuff.

Couple yrs ago I drove down to KY(500mls) and plow against some riders, with my Mighty Man walker. We don't have any plow matches here, its mostly guys with bigger yard tractors, that just plow whole fields. Not sure they would do very good if they had to plow with a set of rules.

Oh and im sorry I spelled it wrong, as I know it should be "plough". :D

Wow, I would have thought it a required British thing to be able to plow. You guys always kick butt in the world matches. I have a little over a 1/3 acre here at the house, that is the test ground and garden. If I want to plow a bigger field I have to drive 12mls down to the farm, where I can do any part of the 500 acres at that site. I usually goes there and plow up an acre, with the walkers. You haven't lived until you have plow a straight 1/2 ml forrow, and then have to turn around and come back.  The ground down there is a heavier clay that mine, so I works you a lot more. I can plow here until about July, then the dirt turns more into concrete, than plowable stuff.

Couple yrs ago I drove down to KY(500mls) and plow against some riders, with my Mighty Man walker. We don't have any plow matches here, its mostly guys with bigger yard tractors, that just plow whole fields. Not sure they would do very good if they had to plow with a set of rules.

Oh and im sorry I spelled it wrong, as I know it should be "plough". :D

I know what you mean. I've watched a lot of plow day video's on You tube and it seems a lot of guys especially the ones with the bigger JD's are more interested in how fast they can go as opposed to how straight and even the furrow is. I hope to go to a plow day sometime. I have a 12HP WheelHorse with a 8" plow and a Power King 2414 with a 10" I'd like to try out.

I know what you mean. I've watched a lot of plow day video's on You tube and it seems a lot of guys especially the ones with the bigger JD's are more interested in how fast they can go as opposed to how straight and even the furrow is. I hope to go to a plow day sometime. I have a 12HP WheelHorse with a 8" plow and a Power King 2414 with a 10" I'd like to try out.

Ive been to a few of those events and I agree for some its all about how fast and or how much smoke you can get the 10hp China diesel to belch out while luging the snot out of it for speeds sake. It certainly isn't about the quality of the job, but then again how would one get a nice job when folks are plowing with all different sizes of plows? Lauber1 has done a pretty nice job, pretty straight and all furrows look similar,,,, and done with a walkbehind! Sweet!!

Edited by js5020

Nice ploughing and interesting to see a non European machine.it would be great to hear it running....a you tube clip would be great .

I like to get pic's while running the machines, but on this day I was just one with the land, and had to settle with a static photo. It was running good enough I could stand on the land side and guide it with one hand most of the time. Love to be able to get one tuned in enough to have it self plow. Not a lot of good adjustable parts on a DB, your pretty much stuck with the one crank to lower the point of the share. I have another brand of tractor, that I believe I can add some controls to and maybe it will run its self.