Sign in to follow this  
Terry M

Building a basement fireplace

Wasn't sure where to put this post...and it wasn't my idea to invent the fireplace...but it was my idea to build one in my basement. I started building this gas fireplace a few years ago and I've done everything myself so far Including building the room its in.  so here are some older pics I found of it somewhat close to being finished.    I will show the finished product sometime in the near future when its done.

post-17-0-51524700-1379728443_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-81945300-1379728445_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-49499100-1379728448_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-38544600-1379728450_thumb.jpg

That is really nice!  Is that a walkout basement, looks very light.

No it's not a walkout ,but I wish it was. window side of basement has the southern exposer so there's always plenty of light.   Fireplace works nice!  set it up so it can always be on , or it can operate off of the wall mounted thermostat I installed. one of those big projects thats been close to being finished for a long time.  What I like is it can heat the basement to an easy 80F degrees when its -25F  outside.   Now I just gotta get things down there done!!! :)  

WOW, Very nice!

Apparently the little quality control inspector is keeping a close eye on you. 

Yes, that little guy is Stanley the dog.   I know he looks to be a cat,but I think he's a dog because he follows me around like one...