Stormin

Lost drive.

Decided to mow the green this afternoon, as it is a bad forecast. I'd just started and so did the rain. Anyway I carried on and finished it. Before I put the horse back in the workshop, I cleaned off the worst of the grass. When I restarted to drive into the yard, no forward or reverse motion. :blink:

Pushed it into the workshop and started to investigate. The outcome of which was the crankshaft pulley key had come out. I think it must have been a bit loose for a while. The crankshaft keyway is undamaged but the pulley keyway is just a tad worn for half it's length. 

I've put the key back, but 45 degrees to how it was, making sure the grub screw is nice and tight. I've only got 6mm key steel, so I'll be making a stepped key at a later date. In the mean time I'll keep a watchfull eye on things.

You may of been lucky that the key came out when it did rather than causing more damage to the pulley or worse damaging the crank!

It makes a change that it's the crank key way, normally it's the wheel hub key way causing problems :)