pmackellow

The Little Wonder hedge trimmer

Amongst the autojumble stalls at the Tinkers Park Steam Rally I found this

All working with long cable, £5, its a Little Wonder hedge trimmer made in the USA and imported over here,

it will look good on the 240volt Conyers generating set... :)

post-99-0-20391900-1401543333_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-45675200-1401543405_thumb.jpg

Amongst the autojumble stalls at the Tinkers Park Steam Rally I found this

All working with long cable, £5, its a Little Wonder hedge trimmer made in the USA and imported over here,

it will look good on the 240volt Conyers generating set... :)

is tinkers park this weekend

That's nice Paul, isn't it  funny how I put the petrol lawn edger on here then this appears from the same company. That's the only two items I have seen from them to date.

Paul

That's nice Paul, isn't it  funny how I put the petrol lawn edger on here then this appears from the same company. That's the only two items I have seen from them to date. Paul

Nice find and good little tool Paul, As Paul mentioned above, a coincidence, and you are fortunate to have the User and Parts Manuals available online still.

Age will be between 68 and 87, depending on the Switch type fitted. Units sent to England were sold with 25 feet of cable.  

I have used many Little Wonder Hedge Cutters during my time as a National Trust gardener and can vouch for the quality of this. They were light weight and wasn't too noisy to use either. In my ignorance I thought they were aBritish product as the label said Tavistock, Devon but they are American.

A 12 volt version arrived today to keep the other one company... :)

And yes I will look at the wiring before trying it !!

That's just the sort of thing I need, a 12 volt hedge cutter..  Plug it into a Wh, cut the hedge and let all the trimmings fall in a trailer behind :)

Realise this is an older post but as a new member i have just found it - I got my 230v version back in 1988 second hand and still have it today .They cut anything and the length of the bar ( 3 foot ) gets the job done fast .The little motor is indeed a wonder as it cuts through privet and beach hedges without flinching .

Edited by Mister Mad Mower
Extra info on bar length

On 6/4/2014 at 11:24 AM, pmackellow said:

Thanks for the photo Wallfish, yours looks neater !! :thumbs:

Wish mine looked like this. That is a pic of webhead's rebuilt trimmer. Most of my stuff stays original unless they're in real bad condition.