the showman

The Preperation For Newby Hall

As many of you know by now a few of us southern Boys and Girls are going up north to Newby Hall Tractorfest.

This was decided at our Christmas dinner in December and seemed a good idea at the time as there was 6 months to get ready.

Since December my wife has been quite poorly and my van needed replacing, After spending months on the internet and hundreds of miles viewing junk I found what I was looking for, after mopping and waxing the bodywork I found that it needed new brakes all round and steering drumsticks and tyres, with all that done all I had to do is fit the winch.

I have to say that at one point I was going to cancel the trip but with help from close friends I kept going.

As there is now only 3 days before we leave, I thought I had better start getting some Exhibits together today and this is as far as I got today.

Photo 1 is first thing this morning.

Photo 2  the same.

Photo 3 everything moved to get at the back of the shed, and the Rowcrop uncovered after winter storage 

post-98-0-03900100-1401742153.jpg

post-98-0-58092100-1401742172.jpg

post-98-0-29734900-1401742192.jpg

At the end of the day,

The Rowcrop up and running, levels checked polished and loaded in the van.

The Trachorse up and running, levels checked, track rollers greased and loaded in the van.

The RJ 58 up and running levels checked polished and loaded in the van.

The Dump cart loaded in the van

At the end of the day,

The Rowcrop up and running, levels checked polished and loaded in the van.

The Trachorse up and running, levels checked, track rollers greased and loaded in the van.

The RJ 58 up and running levels checked polished and loaded in the van.

The Dump cart loaded in the van

Well done mate, a good van load then  :thumbs:

I'm hoping to get to see you all there too, bike or van ( depending on the weather )

Two sugars in mine Chris please!!

Titch

Sorted all the mess out today, first tractor back in the shed was the Cub Cadet, the next one was the Shak'in Horse which was still in the back of the old van, after unloading it and getting up my drive (towed with Freebee Raider), ive put the B112 on the lift in the workshop and the other 2 Raiders in the garage, the Patio is clear woo hoo (brownie points).

While I had the old van in the drive I emptied all the show and camping stuff out ( why do two people need 6 chairs, 4 12 pole windbreaks and 2 tables) plus a load of junk I havnt seen since 07 when I put it in there.

Had to dig a Raider out of the wood store for a photo shoot then put everything away again. lastly had a sweep up and went to the pub.

Another day gone, I have  to work tomorrow so only leaves Thursday,

Heres a couple of random photos of the day.

post-98-0-67107900-1401834703.jpg

post-98-0-62562900-1401834726.jpg