Charlie Smith

Villiers Chainsaw.

I had this chainsaw a few years back now, a friend on my facebook, clearly didn't know what they had, and just wanted shot of it, I only have them sweetie money for it, I had it for a year then someone from Poland brought it for a display of forestry equipment or something, they had to pay £90 odd to ship it over there,

This machine was from the 1960's and really was a beast, it wasn't impossible but it wasn't ideal to lift it up by yourself, and when it was running there's no way one man could use it to cut wood, it must have been a two man thing, come to think of it, I wish I never got rid of it now, but a few years back I didn't really have the interest I guess, I was only just starting out,

Has anyone ever had? Or got one of these? If so I'd like to see some pictures

post-131-0-76168200-1401953238_thumb.jpg

hi charlie the chainsaw you picture is a 1950s teles dont know model  but there is something wrong with the tank and carb on yours as it should not sit like that the tank should be sitting level and i dont think that it had the clutch fitted to turn blade sideways as it would not run with the carb side on ? only my thoughts   thanks   danarmdave