Ian

Respect to the mower racing boys

I went to see the blmra mower racing which was being held as luck would have it in the village I live today, and I now have respect for the mower racing guys..

Why?

Well Karl who is Nigel's son was racing today and was kind enough to organize for me to have a blast on a racing mower round the track during a 10 min break..

How these guys manage to do so many laps at such high speed over a very bumpy track is amazing!!

After 3 1/2 laps my body had had enough of being shaken to bit's, but boy was it worth it :)

Video footage was taken, but for now have a photo of me having a fun time.... Of course I had to drive a racing Wheel Horse :D

Image174_zps78e82d54.jpg

Take project "Why Not" along next time Ian, whup their asses !! :D

I'm not sure they have a class for my level of modification Paul, but it sure would be fun to take "Why Not" around the track :D

Awesome Ian, I've done a lot of Karting, inc 24hr challenges, that takes weeks to recover from :D

24hr challenges!!  It's a wonder you can still walk Mark!

ahh shame i missed it i would have come along had i not been laid up with the lurgy 

maybe next time

You should of come along Ben, all the dust would of killed your lurgy :D

Looks like a lot of fun Ian, would love to do that myself one day

Thanks Neil, my advice would be to wear lot's of tight fitting padding.. It has to be tight to stop the body from shaking apart :D

we host one of the Northern BLMRA events every May, heres some of the wheel horses used.

img_9688.jpg

img_9689.jpg

img_9697.jpg

and yes you spotted that correctly even girls race!  how cool is that :D

Great photo's Mark, ta for posting them :thumbs:

I found a couple of photo's of the racing WH I forgot about on my phone..

If you are thinking you have seen it before, you would be right.. It came from the great engineering place known as Nigel's workshop :D

20140622_134500_zps0e6912a2.jpg

20140622_134441_zps6d28f424.jpg