rotoscytheben

project mobility madness monster wheels !!!!!

well after sampling nigels mobility scooter i just had to have a bash at building one myself so ive managed to source a scooter thanks ian and garry 

and for the back end ive found a good donor axle with reasonable sized wheels :D  thanks nigel for sorcing this for me 

here are the pics of it they will probably be arse about face so sorry in advancepost-97-0-75268300-1404058350_thumb.jpg

here is the scoot

post-97-0-71539800-1404058384_thumb.jpg

here is the back end 

i reckon it will work just fine 

i think it will need the front wheels too though :thumbs:

edit of photos for you ben, nigel

we can have a race Ben or start a display team= THE TWO FAT DWARFS :D

good idea mate im just going to update the project ive stripped out the quad to a rolling chassis now its looking very promising ill post some more side on shots in a bit 

well ive done a few bits to the mobility scoot project today mainly stripped the quad down and removed the rear end of the scooter

here it is

post-220-0-85948600-1404065112_thumb.jpgpost-220-0-49210500-1404065196_thumb.jpg

it would seem that ive sorted the picture issues i was having my iphone doesnt like taking photos in the upright position i need to hold it side on! stupid phone

I think that's a yes to mobile workshop then :D

my workshops are all full with other vintage mowers at the moment what with the new/old job i havent had time to sort it all out and i just cant stop buying stuff  oopps

Oops, gx engines are made by honda and used in karts, mowers, mixers....

Uber reliable, but a little expensive, the Chinese do some very cheap clones that look exactly the same :D

i finally got started on the scooter properly today as you will see from the following photos 

ive got the front wheels fitted to it and the bodywork mocked up in place 

still a fair bit to go but its getting therepost-220-0-36479800-1406137319_thumb.jpg the quad is gradually getting stripped as you can seepost-220-0-47438300-1406137419_thumb.jpg here is the front end with wheels attached im quite pleased with the look :D post-220-0-81111800-1406137540_thumb.jpg here it is side on the scooter will be stretched somewhat from its original wheelbase but i dont think this will be a bad thing should help prevent potential wheelies occurring but probably not 

noiw for the back end more to follow soon