Stormin

C-120 refurb.

What no photos Norm, are your battery's still flat

Yeah, where's the pics....

Didn't think it worth taking any. But if it stops you twineing, I'll take some tomorrow.

BTW. You remember the sideways movement in the diff and drive shafts? Well it went on final assembly with all bolts tightened up.

Just a little update and photo's as requested.

Yesterday I made a key for the trans drive pulley, to replace the one that was missing. (Pulley was welded on. :rolleyes: ) 

The engine is only in place to line up the trans drive pulley. And somewhere to keep it.

post-111-0-16011500-1420804626_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-17189100-1420804658_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-57744500-1420804684_thumb.jpg

This morning I removed the tower from the e-tank, where it has been for a week. There's a couple of patches of stubborn paint that will get a dose of paint stripper.

Got a bit more done yesterday. Got the lift arm cleaned up and primed. Also got the hood stand cleaned up ready for priming. Bit cold and damp today for painting. 

post-111-0-83859200-1421581869_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-49908500-1421581898_thumb.jpg

Been a while since I last saw your progress Norm. Good to see you've fixed the Tranny and had the opportunity to Primer  :thumbs: .

That Hoodstand looked very sound with no pitting or rot...... they are often well perforated!

I just wish progress could be a bit quicker, Richard. Weather and health holding things back. All the tinware is generally in good condition. Some minor pitting but no rot.

Looking good. I was unsure of the black look when I saw the chassis but now you have done the hood stand too I really like it. My vote would be for black on all the panels.

Just a little update. Main body of hood stand now built up.

post-111-0-53839200-1424107297_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-27231700-1424107338_thumb.jpg

Various bits to replace yet, if I can remember where they go,   :scratchhead:  Need cleaning up and painting yet.