steve d

a question for the moderators?

Just recently over the last couple of months it seems that however small I make my photos I cannot get them to load, is there a reason for this?

Whilst chatting to some one else at the weekend they told me they had the same problem and said when they became a supporter the problem went away, is this so?

Steve

this is correct Steve, becoming a supporter will allow you unlimited picture posting , Karl ( Admin ) May be able to enlighten you better on the benefits of becoming a supporter.

Included with the free membership is 16MB of attachment space (usually pictures) also just added a gallery where you can post even more (1 album with 40 pictures no size limit) Once you've exceeded the standard 16MB you can certainly post pictures to your gallery and share them in posts.  If you fill up that, then becoming a supporter will remove the 16MB limit and allow 2 galleries of 50 images each.

The reason for this is we're on a paid hosting plan.  Pictures take up space and resources, which is why we remove the limit for the supporters.  Honestly, with the addition of the gallery, there should be plenty of space to host pictures here for the free accounts, but becoming a supporter is appreciated as well.

Please let me know if this answers your question, as I have heard mention of this before, I want to insure that the free accounts are quite robust with the picture storage. 

Also - occasionally I run a utility to reduce the size of the images which have been uploaded on the system to help members stay within the 16MB member limit. I ran this today, so you may have a few more to post.

very many thanks for this Karl sorry if this rocked the boat a bit but my thaughts were had any other members had this problem and was this why some postings had dropped off ,I see now you have also changed the log in page explaining this ,the only other question I have .Is there a way if non supporters come to there maximum upload of pictures it could flag up to the user in question that they need to become a supporter/paid up member to get the full benefits of the site as with some other forums?

or otherwise if people have the same problem I have had they will walk away. This is a great site and long may it live.

thanks in advance

steve.

Questions about the forum or it's functioning can never rock the boat.  I'm here to help you take full advantage of the forum and if something isn't working help get it resolved or understood.

We use a purchased software which is highly customizable, BUT there aren't any options to alert members when their attachment space is reaching capacity, I wished that there would be it would certainly resolve some frustration.  

With the addition of the Gallery however, it will be easier to see when members approach the 40 picture limitation. 

Again, no rocking the boat, we do our best to insure that the forum is highly available whether or not you're a supporter.   For more information on the supporter program see here