Triumph66

Bolens Husky tractor

Evening all, just a question about Bolens Husky tractors. How good are these and how easy is it to get parts from the UK? Are they in the same stable as the Work Horse? Just curious. does anyone here have one? Andrew

There are a few members here that own Bolens tractors , great tractors , not as abundant as wheelhorse but still an extremely useful garden tractor.

Many Bolens tractors have the same Kohler engines as wheelhorse

Hi Andrew,

I have an 1886 Husky Tractor 18hp Hydrostatic drive. The biggest & Best :P

Built like a tank & will go on for ever now I have brought it back from the dead :D

Do you own a tractor??

Depends what parts your after?? As Neil says, they do have kohler engines, but not all models

Its smaller than mine :P  :D

I think bolens tractors are great machines & are built well. Most seem to get painted in different colours :angry:  :huh:

I would have more but already own2 & lack of space etc I cant :(

Just go & buy it & have fun!!

Love the patina of that Bolens; not too dissimilar to the one I am interested in. Andrew

Are most of them petrol? There's one with a diesel one on the bay at the moment. Is the 1254 diesel or petrol? Cheers

You can get parts from the US

www.samsbolens.com

Have used Sam for parts for both of my tractors. It can take him days to reply as hes a busy man but will ship all over the world. You will get a import tax though which can sting a bit as I have found out :o

Have used Sam for parts for both of my tractors. It can take him days to reply as hes a busy man but will ship all over the world. You will get a import tax though which can sting a bit as I have found out :o

Just to clarify the "tax" situation. If the sender declares any parts as "Lawnmower Parts" there is zero duty but vat still applies.

If declared as of a category that attracts import duty you will then pay duty with vat on top -  ie tax on tax!

Well, I have taken the plunge and bought a Bolens Husky 1254. I hope to collect it w/c 4 August..... Nigel, you don't still have that engine do you? I could be interested.

Congrats on buying the Husky Andrew, I bet you can't wait to collect it.. The count down til the 4th has started :)