pmackellow

Cub Cadet 128

Amongst our collection of various machines we have three Wheelhorses and up until yesterday one Cub Cadet, a model 100...

Looking on a certain website I spotted this machine, Wendy my better half was keen on bidding for it, so bid I duly did...

It's a Cub Cadet 128, with a 12hp Kohler, these tractors were made between 1971 and 1974 so I need to have a look at the

spec plate...

It needs a few bits like proper front wheels and the steering sorted out but I think with a bit of graft it could be quite a machine... :)

post-99-0-07414400-1405970211_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-08697800-1405970264_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-60370400-1405970313_thumb.jpg

That looks a very clean machine Paul, nice find :thumbs:

As much a Wheel Horse freak as I am, I wouldn't mind one of those in my fleet :)

Mate of mine whos local has a cub in his garden. Its old. does not have rear fenders & sprung seat if I remember :huh:  

He did want to sell it but wanted a high price which I did not want to pay for a tractor which needs total restoration

It will still be there knowing him :(

Child no 2 wants a 100 or 70....

They do seem to be like hens teeth :D

I only know of a handful including two in Yorkshire (including the one that comes to Newby Hall) and two down here...

Mate of mine whos local has a cub in his garden. Its old. does not have rear fenders & sprung seat if I remember :huh:  

He did want to sell it but wanted a high price which I did not want to pay for a tractor which needs total restoration

It will still be there knowing him :(

Sounds like an Original Chris, how high a price is high ??

Chris, did your freinds cub look like this, this tractor should have the sprung seat so ignor the seat stand. But.... post-131-0-95203500-1406101257_thumb.jpg

if it did, talk to your friend and try and make a deal, thats a cub cadet original. I only know of 4, I'm sure there are more but they seem quite hard to find.

I think its safe to say based on the numbers that not many were imported. Perhaps the ones that were, ended up being

show pieces or demonstrators.

Can't believe they rusted away or were scrapped!

New battery arrived today, fitted it and did a bit of fiddling with the wiring and call for advice to Mr Showman and wahey, she's a runner

She sounds quite sweet as well and all the gears work (3 forward 1 reverse)... :D  :D :D  

Yes Charlie its that model. Dont think the engines correct :huh:

Will have to find out

Would be worth an ask Chris, worth saving perhaps ??